Saturday 3 April 2010

The Onlooker's Antiquated, Yet Fantastical Journey To London

Hey everybody, its me again. However, this is one of those unofficial entries, so you can ki-

NO DON’T LEAVE

Its good…trust me…because as you can draw from the title, it’s a journey…to London…

HAZZAH FTW!

How about we get right to it…face it, you cant leave until you’ve seen all the pictures, or YOUR SOUL IS MINE >:(

However, I must apologize for the quality of some pictures. They were all taken with my Nintendo DSi, which, while making me look like an s**z in front of everyone, was also relatively safe to take around. Wish they were better, so my apologies again


It began at 7:20 pm on the 23rd March. I was going with a couple people from my School, and somewhat unfortunately, I was the first person there…or at least first student there…one of them was already there… fail

While waiting for everyone, I decided to take a picture of the front of the station I was at



Yeah, it was the Wigan North western… pretty c**p outside… but that’s just me

Eventually, most of us made it (minus 2 people who later went to Liverpool, but there you go), and with that, it was just the matter of getting on the train



…Too bad it wasn’t there. It was originally supposed to have arrived for 8:09 PM, but it only did arrive at 20 past instead. During that, I was listening to my Ipod while my friends messed around with a gun app of an Ipod touch, and all the time we were all enjoying the brisk coldness that accompanying mornings

Fun >.>

Here is the actual train (or at least the side of it)



And we finally set off for a 2 hour journey…on a train…which was as hectic as could be. For at least 20 minutes, most of us were stood up trying to look for seats, which honestly p**sed me off. However, I did eventually get to sit down, and as a plus, I did get some pictures of the train going




Moar speedyness...FTW



Nice…so, I finally made it to London for the first time. You should have been there… the polluted stench of London sure is a memorable smell… didn’t say it was good, though

After paying a toll and getting some tickets to use at those gate booths (I got stuck on one… oh joy), we made our way across to Trafalgar Square (I think…my memory compared to a goldfish’s… it’d make me look like a sin against nature). Nice place…pretty big, as you can see below









Our group decided to split off to go get something to eat, some people to McDonalds…and others to a Tesco Express. I went to the Tesco express, which personally I think is better in this case (more options  ), and bought some nice Jamaican beer (ginger beer, folks…I don’t drink… at least not yet ;) ) and split a giant bag of Doritos with a friend. But, as most people know, that’s not enough to satisfy me. No, there is only one place where Iam satisfied

SUBWAY!!!

Yeah, I went there and got a sub with two other friends. Twas nice, actually :)

Following on from such a venture, we were all rounded up and went to the

NATIONAL GALLERY!

Unfortunately, I wasn’t allowed to take pictures within the gallery (I don’t exactly understand that, but okay >.>) so I can’t exactly show the amazing scenes within the gallery. However, quite notably I did see the original version of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers, which I must say is much brighter in person.

After a long, yet good stroll through the gallery, we got out and headed for Covent gardens from the tube, which, when we got there… looked incredibly fancy… they’d easily make other buildings look like c**p piled on top of eachother. See-





But still, we did come here for a reason… to visit another gallery, and one that still didn’t allow pictures…woo

It was, as some of you can imagine, the Tate art Gallery. It wasn’t as good as the National Gallery in all honesty, but for what art it had, it was definitely worth a look. It also featured a café that… quite frankly was a stereotype of Londons expensive-ness (It cost about £2-£3 for a glass bottle of Pepsi… not that bad, but it could stand to be cheaper)

After such a venture, now was the time for shopping :D. Now, seeing as we had to stay as a group, we couldn’t exactly go to individual shops, however… I did manage to go into a couple of places


Starbucks FTW





And following from that, I also managed to sly away from the group and go into a HMV with a friend






God Of War 3 FTW… kick*** game trilogy, that’s certain



After such a long and tiring day, it was unfortunately decided that we should go back to the train station from whence we came, and return home… or at least it should have been, because the trains we’re delayed for at least an hour…all because of a strike or some power-cut

>.>… that’s bulls***




Heres a picture of the return journey… dark, ain’t it

And after a 2 hour journey home, plus an entire day of just walking through London… I got a cup of coffee, and started to write up this entry

And that wraps it up…just a quick mention though. The worst has happened… something I dreaded for a while now. (Breathes deeply)… I got Facebook. Turns out that, to me, a couple of weeks translates to a couple of days… me and my brilliant logic >.>

Anywaaaaay… while I wont be handing out my profile (Even though you can find it… again, my logic is f**ked up), I have created an Official Fan page, where you can basically discuss anything to do with my entries… or not, just as long as it doesn’t turn into some kind of flame war

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-From-The-View-Of-The-Onlooker-Fan-Page/104440739594430?ref=mf

Hope you use it the best you can, my devious little fan-minions (God’, you know what… an official FTVOTO fan is now called a Fan-Minion… kinda like Trekker or something equally nerdy)


And I know its off topic but, the 1st episode of Matt Smith’s series as the doctor is released today, and… IM EXCITED AS HELL :D. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good blog, just the type I like informative fun and really quite funny great I be watching and following you :)

    ReplyDelete