Friday 26 March 2010

From The View Of The Onlooker- Social Networking Sites

(Insert nonsensical language greeting) my obnoxious, yet well informed fans, here, is the seventeenth entry of my egotistical blog. But first, lets peer our eyes over to the comment box, and see what wonderous, fantastical comments you lot have left me


Edward Hanley- Yes…they are quite good. I was thinking of having them stuck to my Wii or something…but then I realized that’s stupid, and probably wouldn’t work. And it also sucks you couldn’t go. It was pretty good…but I’ll stop


Anyway…after finishing that one, INCREDULOUS comment, its time to move onto the topic at hand…a rather low blow topic (don’t even think about it…seriously…pervert). This, is my opinion, on Social Networking Sites (or SNS to keep it short)



Of all the topics and things I’ve reviewed so far, this topic by far is the one that makes me feel the most Onlooker-ish. Why…because I barely go to SNS…and for that matter, I barely have profiles on them

The idea for this topic came from a module of coursework I’ve been doing in GCSE ICT. Literally, I was doing the same thing…or rather the opposite, because instead we’ve been doing a f**king website an endless mindless work. But I digress…that’s an anger rant I can save for another time

But anyway, as to my opinion, I’ll keep it short and sweet…I personally think that most people who are obsessed with these sites have absolutely NO LIFE (seriously, what happened to…going outside and…talking to people. Its not hard, it really isn’t), an in turn, it also suggests a lack of attention. Why specifically, well…lets see

I’ve chosen 3 sites Im going to look over today; Myspace, Twitter, and the biggest muthaf**ker of them all…Facebook. Before I begin, let me just say that everything they can offer is good, yet at the same time, I don’t have a profile on any of them, so please bear with me. Lets begin with Myspace



As far as Im aware, this one of the earliest SNS of its time that is actually still memorable.

It was originally intended to be used by musicians as most people know, but like all good things, this ended near automatically…kinda like Big Brother’s popularity (Ohhhhhhhhh… went somewhere I shouldn’t have, didn’t I... or maybe I didnt >.>).

During the golden years of 2005-2007 (great years for me…and for a lot of people…Youtube was born in 2006 :D), this thing was swarming with all sorts of people…and in fact, mostly with people with little-to-no musical ability within them. To be fair, it must have been annoying to some of the original members, hell I’d be too, but honestly who gave a s**t. It was a laughable problem to the festering swarms of people abusing it, and even today, it still is.

However, like most people know again, this site didn’t stay popular permanently (unlike Michael Jackson according to all those people who said they never made one remark about the guy…that’s believable >.> ). The site naturally became less popular due to its lesser features when compared with more standard adapted SNS like Facebook (…WE’RE GETTING TO THAT), and today, the site stands at having less than the maximum popularity it used to have. It’s a bit tragic, but that’s how we remember this site. Okay, next site…



Firstly, I going to say that I’m less merciful on this site because people don’t get as crazy about it, and further to it…its generally okay and favourable, yet I don’t really know why

This site’s kinda like an underdog when compared to Facebook (…WE STILL ARE GOING TO F**KING GET TO IT). Its okay, but its never been ‘all that’, and I don’t really know why, but I do have a couple theories. To mention one of them, I’d say it has few features. They’re pretty good honestly, but it still stands that it has few, so you’re going to be lucky to keep peoplez attention.

This site sorta popped up in 2008 I think (well it’s the first time I ever heard of it), but no one ever really mentioned. However, I do recall an incident in a drama lesson I also had in 2008 (that year sucked…it did), where everyone gathered in a circle. We had to play a game where people came up with names for themselves, and the person next to them had to remember their name, and also come up with one themselves. Sounds simple enough…right. Anywaaaaay…a couple of people before my turn, I swear to God that I heard someone call them self ‘Mr Twitter’ (who the hell knows why). But because we didn’t like the guy or something so we called him ‘Mr Sprinkle’ or some other pedophillic name.

But to the point, that proves that people knew what it was, but hardly ever mentioned it. So…yeah, it must be an underdog site. Iam therefore right…so…

The Onlooker FTW :D

Anywaaaaay…now to get to the s**t stopper. The one that Im sure I hate. Sigh…Facebook



I really loathe this site. I really f**kin do

Why…well it just has a power over people. It has a mental manipulance that’s just grudgingly annoying…and it’s all because of the amount of people using the damn thing. Having Facebook today is one of those things that are ‘expected’ for an average person, and if you don’t have it, you’re treated like some kind of lower class. Its just trying to p*ss you off…but theres a bigger reason to it

Its because in a couple of weeks…I’ll be getting Facebook. Sigh…I’ve decided to get it to maybe get more fans…but I feel so sly doing it, that’s its just…even more hateful. And considering that, I’ll probably end up…liking it, so…yeah, besides me being a shameful hypocrite…I have to do this

The Onlooker FTL ;(

…You don’t know how much pain that caused me. You really don’t

(starts crying in a corner)

Sigh…well…you get my opinion, I suppose. I just dislike all these sites because of how they make people into these… mind controlled slaves?

But at the same time, I also dislike it even more when I join one of these sites…add to that how biased my opinion is and… well, its bad

But like I previously mentioned, its not all doom and gloom, I suppose. They do let you get in contact with your friends in a relatively safe way, and you can do far more in terms of entertainment…and besides, I’m sure they’ve helped people in far more ways in the past, so…yeah. Their you go…I don’t hate them…I just kinda dislike them. Alright’

Although Im clearly not good at it (as my 10’s entry suggests…never really got that one right), I’ll also try and predict what will be the future of these generic sites. Well…I doubt that anybody will be joining their mindbending forces together (that’s as likely as Sir Alan Sugar mixing his DNA with the people from Dragons Den… what would that make… Business Satan?)



…Bt3 >.>

But yeah, I doubt that possibility, and quite frankly I don’t see a lot of improvement in these sites either. What else could they exactly do…seriously, what possible thing could be added or impro-…actually, skip that last point. I just remembered there are other people who like to nit-pick

However, I do believe that they’ll stay relatively the same, and probably only receive redesigns on the site and logo every couple of years. But its not exactly a bad thing…hell’ I’ll probably be doing it eventually, so either that makes me look bad, or SNS look normal…Um, lets go for the latter. It makes far more sense ;)

But that should do it for this entry. As always, post a comment on what you thought of this incredulous entry (and seeing as my opinion is fact, what your hearing is the truth), or if you’re a blogger…person, start following today so you can receive updates and other percs at the fastest pace directly from me.



…I still don’t like Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Yeh tell it like it is Lyon facebooks sh*t. Darth jackus tellin ya

    ReplyDelete